MENTAL HEALTH AND COUNSELLING AND CARE PLANS
North Sydney Doctors are qualified to diagnosis and treat mental health problems. Some of our Doctors have post graduate qualifications in Mental Health and are Level 2 Mental Health Providers with Medicare and on the referral panel at www.beyondblue.org.au.
Anxiety, stress, loneliness, addiction, depression and relationship problems are just a few of the negative effects of living in the 21st century – if you’re finding it hard to cope, we can help.
- Developmental Assessment of children, learning disorders including ADHD
- Mental Health Assessment of Depression, Anxiety and Obsessional thinking and other more serious illnesses such as Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder
- CBT, Problem Solving Techniques, Relaxation therapy
- Relationship counselling
- Post natal depression and mental health issues relating to pregnancy and delivery
- Mental health care plans can be done by your doctor so that you can claim a large part of the cost of your psychologist visit through Medicare. If you are unable to afford psychological services due to low income, speak to your doctor as we may be able to help you. At North Sydney Doctors, we have our own very experienced psychologist, Emily Dylan. Please see her write-up on our website.
- At North Sydney Doctors, we have our own very experienced psychologist, Emily Dylan.