DR SHONA SUNDARAJ
MBBS FRACGP B App Sc (Phty) Grad Cert Pain Management DCH
Dr Shona Sundaraj works in General Practice and enjoys the variety of presentations – she enjoys treating the babies and their mothers, preventative medicine for all age groups and genders, and trying to keep the ageing population as healthy as possible. Dr Sundaraj has completed a Diploma in Child Health through Westmead Children’s Hospital. She has had further training in counselling and depression through the Black Dog Institute. She has completed a skin cancer medicine course with training in dermoscopy for the detection of skin cancers.
Dr Sundaraj has been awarded Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. She is also currently leading a study to assess real-world evidence for the efficacy of Scrambler Therapy in neuropathic pain after receiving training with Professor Giuseppe Marineo in Rome, Italy.
Her undergraduate degree was in Physiotherapy and her focus was in musculoskeletal and complex pain physiotherapy. She obtained a Graduate Certificate in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy through Curtin University and a Postgraduate Certificate in Pain Medicine through the University of Sydney. As a Physiotherapist, she worked both in Australia and internationally for rugby union and junior development AFL teams.
When not at work Shona likes to travel, read and spend time with her two young children.
• Registered medical practitioner with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
• Bachelor of Applied Science in Physiotherapy, University of Sydney 2000
• Graduate Certificate in Pain Medicine 2001
• Graduate Certificate in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy 2002
• Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University Western Sydney 2012
• Diploma in Child Health, Children’s Hospital Network and the University of Sydney 2015
• Certificate in Primary Care in Skin Cancer Medicine, University of Queensland 2017
• Fellow, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners 2018
• Fellow, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
• Golden Key Honour Society